Mackerel: Scomber scombrus
Catching Area: FAO 27, in the Northeast Atlantic.
Season: January to March and October-November each year.
Fat Content: Jan-Mar 16%-22%. Oct-Nov 21%-25%
Whole Round Mackerel
- Sizes: 150-250g, 200-400g, 250-400g, 300-500g, 400-600g, 550g+
- Packed in 20kg cartons
Headed and Gutted Mackerel
- Sizes: 150g+, 200g+, 250g+
- Packed in 18kg polybags and 20kg cartons.
Hand Gutted Mackerel
- Sizes: ex-300-500g and ex400-600g
- Packed in 20kg cartons. Scramble packed or handlaid.
Handcut Mackerel Fillets, suitable for smoking.
- Sizes: 60-90g, 80-120g, 100-150g.
- Packed in 10kg or 20kg cartons, handlaid.
Butterfly Mackerel flaps, suitable for canning.
- Sizes: 80g+, 100g+, 150g+, 200g+.
- Packed in 20kg polybags.